An IIF section focusing on macroeconomic forecasting (GDP forecasting, inflation forecasting, macroeconomic nowcasting with large data sets, business cycles analysis, survey expectations, density forecasting, DSGE models, etc.). Follow us on Twitter @MacroFor.
Chair: Malte Knueppel, Deutsche Bundesbank
Vice Chair: Pilar Poncela, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid
Secretary: Gergely Ganics, Banco de España
Christiane Baumeister, University Notre Dame
Laurent Ferrara, SKEMA Business School
- Create a network of macroeconomic forecasters
- Organize macroeconomics forecasting sessions during the ISFs and propose specific sessions
- Organize workshops on macroeconomic forecasting
- Propose special issues/sections for IJF on macro topics
- Contribute to diffuse information on workshops, conferences, and calls for papers dealing with macroeconomic forecasting, and act as a contact point with other organizations.
- Attract young researchers in macro forecasting to the IIF
- Serve as a bridge between macro forecasters from institutions (international organizations, public bodies, private) and academics
- Propose names for possible nominations to the IIF Board
March 28, 3:30pm CEST: Philippe Goulet Coulombe, Université du Québec à Montréal will be speaking on From Reactive to Proactive Volatility Modelling with Hemisphere Neural Networks.
* all webinars take place 3:30-4:30pm CEST (Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Rome)
|February 2022||Malte Knüppel, Deutsche Bundesbank||Revisiting and Improving Prediction Tools for Central Banks|
|December 2021||New Directions for Inflation Forecasting|
|December 2021||Forecasting in a changing environment|
|July 2020||MacroFor||Economic Forecasting in Times of Covid-19|