The International Institute of Forecasters (IIF), a non-profit organization founded in 1982, is dedicated to developing and furthering the generation, distribution, and use of knowledge on forecasting through the following objectives:
- Develop and unify forecasting as a multidisciplinary field of research drawing on management, behavioral sciences, social sciences, engineering, and other fields.
- Contribute to the professional development of analysts, managers, and policy makers with responsibilities for making and using forecasts in business and government.
- Bridge the gap between theory and practice, with practice helping to set the research agenda and research providing useful results.
- Bring together decision makers, forecasters, and researchers from all nations to improve the quality and usefulness of forecasting.
- Interested in becoming a member? Join Now
Learn more about the IIF’s accomplishments and history!