The International Institute of Forecasters offers a wide range of memberships, including multi-year, student and low-income country rates. Membership offers the following benefits:
- International Journal of Forecasting The IJF is published four times a year and contains papers on forecasting methods, applications, implementation, and evaluation, as well as organizational behavior. With an outstanding editorial board of 43 internationally known forecasting experts, the IJF is a highly readable, widely used (by both practitioners and academics), and often cited research journal. Both print and online access to the journal are included.
- FORESIGHT: The International Journal of Applied Forecasting The journal, published quarterly by the IIF, is written for business forecasters, analysts, and managers, as well as students, teachers, and consultants in the field. Foresight offers non-technical discussions about forecasting issues; the practical implications of forecasting research; and forecasting tools, including software and books. Both print and digital, free access to individual articles including all archived articles, and discounts on all Foresight Guidebooks are included.
- International Symposium on Forecasting registration discount The IIF has held this outstanding annual symposium in cities around the world beginning with Quebec City in 1981 and most recently in Cairns, Australia. Each symposium offers international forecasting experts as plenary and featured speakers; over 250 research presentations in areas such as new product forecasting, multivariate methods, international trade forecasting, judgmental methods, financial forecasting, demographic forecasting, and rule-based methods; plus book and software exhibitors.
- The Oracle, the IIF’s online newsletter The Oracle is published throughout the year and includes short articles by practitioners and researchers, IIF news, brief software reviews, announcements, and upcoming events.
- Job Listings Members can place job openings on the IIF website, free of charge.
- Listing as a consultant Members of the IIF who would like to offer consulting services may be listed on the Consultant’s page. If you are an IIF member and would like to be listed, complete this form and send to [email protected].
- Access to on-going research The IIF’s blog, annual conference, workshops and other member communications are valuable research resources.