Predictive Energy Analytics in the Big Data World
Cairns, Australia, June 22-23, 2017
(This post is syndicated from Hyndsight)
This will be a great conference, and it is in a great location — Cairns, Australia, right by the Great Barrier Reef. Even better, if you stay on you can attend the International Symposium on Forecasting which immediately follows the International Symposium on Energy Analytics.
So block out 22-28 June 2017 on your calendars so you can enjoy a tropical paradise in one of the most beautiful parts of Australia, while attending two awesome conferences.
This symposium aims at bringing forecasting experts and practitioners together to share experiences and best practices on a wide range of important business problems in the energy industry. Here the energy industry broadly covers utilities, oil, gas and mining industries. The subjects to be forecasted range from supply, demand and price, to asset/system condition and customer count. The topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Probabilistic energy forecasting
- Hierarchical energy forecasting
- High-dimensional energy forecasting
- High-frequency and high-resolution energy forecasting
- Equipment failure prediction
- Power systems fault prediction
- Automatic outlier detection
- Load profiling
- Customer segmentation
- Customer churn prediction
Selected papers will be published in a special section of the International Journal of Forecasting. If you are interested in contributing a presentation to this symposium, please submit a one-page extended abstract to both guest editors via email with the subject line “ISEA2017 Abstract Submission”. Authors of selected abstracts will be invited to submit full papers to the IJF.
- Abstract submission – January 15, 2017
- Abstract acceptance – February 15, 2017
- Paper submission for consideration of journal publication – May 31, 2017
- ISEA2017 – June 22-23, 2017
- ISF2017 – June 25-28, 2017
- First round review completion – August 31, 2017
- IJF special section publication – 2018