Forecasting in a changing environment”, Universidad Internacional Menedez y Pelayo (UIMP)’s Summer Course, Santander, Spain 13-15 July 2015
From the 13th to the 15th of July, 2015, the IIF has partially sponsored a workshop during the Universidad Internacional Menedez y Pelayo (UIMP)’s summer courses under the general title « Forecasting in a Changing Environment ». This workshop was part of the agreement between the IIF and UIMP in exchange for let us use the Magdalena Palace as the venue of the forthcoming ISF2016 that will be held in Santander in June, 2016.
The workshop was organized by Antonio Garcia-Ferrer with the aim of providing a wide perspective of forecasting using different methodological approaches to graduate students in related fields without former forecasting courses. The workshop included the following conferences:
- General Introduction to Forecasting by Antonio Garcia-Ferrer
- Financial Forecasting by Gloria Gonzalez-Rivera
- ICT and Telecommunication Forecasting by Mohsen Hamoudia
- Continuous-time models and hybrid (continuous-discrete) Forecasting by Peter C. Young
- Forecasting with economic leading indicator by Antonio Garcia-Ferrer
- Macroeconomic Forecasting by Pilar Poncela
- Forecasting Volatility in Financial markets by Gloria Gonzalez-Rivera
During the three days course, there were lively discussions among the attendees with an interesting roundtable session at the end of the 3rd day.