ECR welcomes PhD students, postdoc fellows, newly appointed faculty members, and all forecasters in the early stage of their career. ECR is chaired by Dr. Shari De Baets, Ghent University, with Anna Srogninis, Lancaster University, as the vice chair and Dr. Michał Chojnowski, Warsaw School of Economics, as the secretary.
Join the events hosted by the ECR during the ISF in Thessaloniki Greece, 16-19 June, 2019. Times and locations will be confirmed upon the release of conference program:
- ECR welcoming event: A meet and great event, refreshments provided, prior to the ISF welcome reception, Sunday, 16 June. Sign up now.
- Panel session 1: Life after PhD in academia — Panellists: Tanya Garcia (Texas A&M), Rob Hyndman (Monash), Nikolaos Kourentzes (Lancaster), Haiyan Song (Hong Kong Polytechnic).
- Panel session 2: Life after PhD in industry — Panellists: Diane Berry (Bain & Company), Carla Di Cairano-Gilfedder (British Telecom), Mike Gilliland (SAS), Stephan Kolassa (SAP).
- Drinks in Thessaloniki: Join us for a fun gathering – date and time to be announced.
- Post-conference tour: Join us on Thursday, 20 June, for a day spent at Meteora.
For more information, contact Dr. Shari De Baets.