Job Opportunity: Associate Professor in Econometrics & Business Statistics
Position: Associate Professor in Econometrics & Business Statistics
Hiring Company: Monash University
Job location: Melbourne (Caulfield campus), Australia
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary: A$152,152 – A$167,618 pa Level D (plus 17% employer superannuation)
Closing date: June 14, 2022
Monash is full of thinkers and doers who are looking for their next challenge. So if you’ve forged a rewarding career so far, this role provides the perfect platform to join us. You’ll have access to quality research facilities, infrastructure and teaching spaces to do exciting work, along with opportunities to collaborate internationally. You’ll be part of a university that’s made up of inspirational, challenging thinkers and doers – and continue doing work that makes a lasting impact.
The Department of Econometrics & Business Statistics, one of the seven Departments at Monash Business School, comprises approximately 50 academics with particular strengths in econometrics, statistics, and actuarial science.
The Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics is recognised worldwide for the quality of its research and teaching and has been designated by Monash as an area of outstanding strength, ‘demonstrably preeminent relative to other Australian universities and competitive with the strongest international equivalents’. In the Excellence in Research for Australia assessment conducted by the Australian Research Council in 2018, Monash University received a rank of 5, which is the highest possible rank, in Econometrics. The Department is ranked in the top 10 institutions in the fields of Econometrics, Time Series and Forecasting by IDEAS (a Research Papers in Economics service maintained by the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, USA). We are also closely involved with the open source software movement, including the R foundation.
You will further develop the profile for the Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics, contributing to all activities of the organisational unit or interdisciplinary area and play a significant role within your profession.
To be successful, you will have expertise in econometrics, statistics, or a closely related discipline. Preference will be given to candidates with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Applied econometrics
- Statistics education
- Data science
- Operations research
Your responsibilities as an Associate Professor include but are not limited to:
- Course coordination, including leadership and guidance to assistant lecturers and sessional staff
- Preparation, delivery and assessment of educational materials including lectures, tutorials, assignments and examinations
- Significant responsibilities in research projects, including leadership of research teams
- Conduct of original research that will lead to publications in refereed journals or high-level commercial publishers and attract external/government funding
Your attractive attributes:
- A strong publication record in high-quality journals, and outstanding contribution to the discipline
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching the relevant discipline area\Proven record of successful supervision and leadership to make significant contributions to postgraduate training programs and research projects
- Exceptional ability to promote the discipline internally within the university as well as externally both nationally and internationally
- This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. This position at the University will require the incumbent to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to “How to apply for Monash Jobs“.
Learn more and apply: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/513/cw/en/job/635084/associate-professor-in-econometrics-business-statistics