Deutsch Bundesbank: Survey Expert
For the Research Centre at our Central Office in Frankfurt am Main, we are looking for a Survey expert on a full-time or part-time basis for a period of up to 4.5 years to support our internet-based survey activities. Submission end 19.07.2020.
What the job entails
You will be expected to provide support for our internet-based surveys of households and firms. Working as part of an international team, you will be involved in designing the surveys as well as processing and evaluating the survey data. Furthermore, you will independently analyse the microdata from the online surveys for academic as well as policy-relevant contributions and publications.
- Accredited master’s degree or equivalent qualification in a degree programme with a quantitative focus (e.g. economics, statistics or survey methodology), with an above-average degree grade
- Sound grasp of survey methodology; experience with online surveys would be an advantage
- Good understanding of empirical methods for microdata on households, individuals or firms
- Specialization in the field of empirical microeconomics or a related field would be an advantage
- Track record of independent academic research, ideally supported by your own publications in relevant academic journals, and/or doctoral thesis or doctoral thesis in progress would be an advantage
- Very good command of written and spoken English; a sound command of German would be an advantage
What we have to offer
Alongside a unique set of tasks in an international environment, we offer attractive employment conditions (e.g. a free Rhein-Main JobTicket). We promote targeted training and a healthy work-life balance through a variety of measures. The remuneration for this position corresponds to pay grade 13 of the wage agreement for the public sector (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst).
The Deutsche Bundesbank promotes the equality of men and women in the workplace. Applications from disabled applicants are welcome.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms Caren-Berit Rödiger in Human Resources on +49 (0)69 9566 8433 or Dr Tobias Schmidt from the Research Centre on +49 (0)69 9566 3730.
We look forward to receiving your online application and supporting documentation (cover letter, CV, certificates and references) by 18 July 2020, quoting the reference number 2020_0483_02.