July 6-7, 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has triggered a massive spike in concerns and uncertainties and raised challenges in macroeconomic forecasting surrounding almost every aspect. The purpose of this virtual workshop is to bring together researchers working on various aspects of measurement, modelling, evaluation and forecasting of COVID and its impact on the economy. We envisage the workshop papers will address, among others, the following topics:
– Interaction between epidemics and economic decisions
– The spread of the virus and its global spillovers
– Measuring and forecasting the impact of the crisis on financial markets
– High-frequency economic monitoring in times of crisis
– Conducting fiscal/monetary policy in times of a pandemics
– Historical lessons from previous pandemics
– Quantification of concerns and uncertainties using news media
– Long-run economic consequences of pandemics
The scope of the workshop is not limited to the topics listed above and submissions from all areas of forecasting related to the Covid-19 crisis are welcome.
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: Send full papers (pdf) to [email protected]. The deadline is June 7, 2020. Authors of accepted papers will be informed by June 20, 2020.
INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF FORECASTING, Special Issue: Selected papers presented in the workshop will be considered for a special issue in the International Journal of Forecasting. The deadline for submitting to this special issue is August 7, 2020. Papers will appear online as soon as accepted and publication is expected between late 2020 and mid 2021.