Deutsch Bundesbank: Research Assistants
To work in the Research Centre at our Central Office in Frankfurt am Main, initially on a two-year contract, we are looking to recruit several part-time (50%) Research Assistants.
What the job entails
Your role will be to support the analytical and academic work of Research Centre staff in the field of banking and finance. Based on your expertise, you will contribute to theoretical studies or to empirical, microeconometric analyses.
Working in an international team, you will take part in the Deutsche Bundesbank’s opinion-forming and decision-making process providing insight into fundamental issues based on academic research. You will work with leading international researchers and have access to an excellent IT environment and first-class data resources.
What we are looking for
- Accredited master’s degree or comparable qualification in economics, finance or statistics, with above-average results; ideally, enrolled in or pursuing a PhD programme in economics or finance
- Working towards a specialisation in the area of banking and finance
- Firm grounding in mathematical/statistical applications (e.g. MATLAB, R, or Stata)
- Experience in using high-level programming languages such as Fortran, C or CUDA as well as good knowledge of data services such as Bloomberg, Datastream or Haver would be advantageous
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work well in a team
- Very good command of written and spoken English
What we have to offer
Alongside a unique set of tasks in an international environment, we offer attractive employment conditions (e.g. a free Rhein-Main JobTicket). We can support you in the completion of your PhD and also promote a healthy work-life balance in a variety of ways. The remuneration for this position corresponds to pay grade 13 of the wage agreement for the public sector (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst).
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Ms Caren-Berit Rödiger in Human Resources on +49 (0)69 9566 8433. Specific questions about the research assistant position should be directed by email to Dr Guido Schultefrankenfeld ([email protected]).
We look forward to receiving your online application and supporting documentation (cover letter, CV, testimonials) by 19 April 2020, quoting the reference number 2020_0211_02.