As a Forecasting and Machine Learning Specialist on the SAS Forecasting R&D team, you will help create innovative software to apply cutting-edge statistical methods to automated enterprise-scale business forecasting processes. You will:
- Work closely in a team-oriented environment with experts in computing and forecasting fields to develop state-of-the-art software for high-performance distributed multitier forecasting.
- Implement advanced analytical algorithms to solve business problems.
- Research computational algorithms.
- Design the software architecture based on product management requirements and present to stakeholders.
- Develop and test services, author user documentation, and file patents.
- Present your work to internal and external customers.
- Present your work at conferences.
- Communicate with other SAS professional staff in Testing, Technical Support, Education, Marketing, and other departments.
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- Ph.D degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operation Research, Engineering, or a related quantitative field.
- 5+ years work experience in software development and/or academia.
- Ph.D-level knowledge of Statistics and Time Series, Machine Learning, AI, Econometrics, or Operations Research.
The nice to haves
- Experience in commercial software development.
- Forecasting in retail or energy.
- Knowledge of SAS, Python, R, C, or Java.
- Proven skills in programing and designing of software.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience in Test Driven Development of unit, regression, and integration testing.
Find full details and apply at: https://careers-sas.icims.com/jobs/18472/forecasting-and-machine-learning-specialist/job?hub=9&mobile=false&width=1301&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240