Deadline: 1 November 2018
The University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland (SUPSI) active in the fields of the natural and built environment, economics, technological innovation, applied arts, social work and healthcare, learning and training, has opened a position at the Department of Innovative Technologies (DTI), in particular the Dalle Molle Institute for Artificial Intelligence (IDSIA), for a Researcher in the area of Forecasting and Data Mining with Time Series. Occupancy degree: 100%. Duration of the contract: 2 years with possibility of prolongation.
- Basic research, aiming at publications in top notch journals and conferences.
- Applied research: collaboration with industrial partners in innovative projects.
- Acquisition of funds regarding both basic and applied research.
- The research area relevant to this position involves time series analysis (forecasting, clustering and classification of time series, anomaly detection, etc.).
- The position is for researcher who has obtained a PhD since no more than 10 years.
- Master degree with top marks in informatics, statistics, or other areas with strong emphasis on computation.
- PhD focused on the analysis of time series.
- Excellent publication track (relative to the ages of experience).
- Excellent programming skills and proficiency with state-of-the-art libraries for time series analysis.
- Good knowledge of algorithms and software for machine learning.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Communication and collaboration skills.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken Italian, or willingness to learn it in short times.
- A two-year position (degree of occupancy 100%), with possibility of prolongation.
- International working environment.
- Collaboration with a strong team of researchers in Machine Learning and Statistics
- Development of your own professional skills and career progression.
- Attractive salary, in line with Swiss standards and the candidate’s experience.
The requirements for this function are published within the “Direttive interne SUPSI” (direttiva 7a) and within “Regolamento del personale SUPSI” at www.supsi.ch.
Giorgio Corani, [email protected]
Applicants should submit the following documents, in English:
- Curriculum vitae with publications list and link to thesis, if possible;
- List of exams and grades obtained during the Bachelor and the Master of Science;
- List of three references (with e-mail addresses);
- Motivation letter (1-2 pages).
Only applications submitted electronically no later than 1 November 2018 and using the form: http://www.form-ru.app.supsi.ch/view.php?id=313336 will be taken into consideration.
Applications that are incomplete, or submitted to other addresses, or submitted beyond the deadline will be not accepted.