The Bundesbank is one of the biggest central banks in the world and works in the public interest. Our business areas include monetary policy, banking supervision, financial stability, cash management and payment systems.
We are looking to recruit a part-time (50 %) Research Assistant for the Higher Service initially on a two-year contract, to work in the Research Centre at our Central Office in Frankfurt am Main.
What the job entails
- You will support the academic work of your Research Centre colleagues in the area of theoretical and quantitative macroeconomics, among other tasks by maintaining, applying and expanding the Bundesbank DSGE model.
- Working in an international team, you will contribute to the Deutsche Bundesbank’s decision-making process by providing insights into fundamental issues based on academic research. In your work, you will have access to excellent IT and data resources and interact with leading international academics.
What we have to offer – Alongside a unique set of tasks, we offer attractive employment conditions. We can also support you in the completion of your PhD in a variety of ways.
What we need from you
- University degree, accredited Master’s degree or equivalent qualification with above-average results in the fields of economics, mathematics or statistics
- Specialisation in theoretical and quantitative macroeconomics, in particular general equilibrium modelling, potentially working towards a PhD in Economics
- Firm grounding in mathematical/statistical applications such as Matlab, R, Ox, Gauss and Stata
- Proficiency in advanced programming languages such as Fortran, S, CUDA or similar would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of data services such as Bloomberg, Datastream or Haver would be an advantage
- Sound command of written and spoken English
If you have any questions regarding the application procedure, please contact our human resources manager Caren-Berit Rödiger (+49 69 9566-8433). For questions related to research assistance, please write an email to our contact persons in the Research Centre, Malte Knüppel or Guido Schultefrankenfeld.
For more information, visit our website at www.bundesbank.de/Navigation/EN/Bundesbank/Career/career.html. We look forward to receiving your online application including cover letter, CV, study certificates including grades or your current academic transcript, and other supporting documentation, by 27 May 2018, quoting the reference number 2018_0354_02.