The Deutsche Bundesbank is looking for
Economists/Senior Economists (m/f)
with and without professional experience to join our Research Centre at the Central Office in Frankfurt am Main.
The Research Centre is the connecting link between academic expertise and the Bundesbank’s policy work. To this end, its employees conduct research on a variety of topics with particular emphasis on the fields of monetary policy, financial stability and banking supervision and regulation. You can find more information on the Research Centre at www.bundesbank.de/research.
What the job entails
Economists are expected to conduct high-quality research that will be published in top-level international scientific journals and will also contribute to policy design within the Bundesbank. Through their research and participation in conferences, economists will represent the Bundesbank publicly and promote an exchange of ideas with academics and external policy makers.
What we have to offer
We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities to conduct high-quality research. We also promote targeted training and a healthy work-life balance through a variety of measures.
What we are looking for
- Accredited Master’s degree or equivalent qualification with above-average results
- PhD or PhD nearing completion in Economics, Finance or Econometrics
- Publications in high-ranking scientific journals
- Research priorities: preference will be given to candidates working in the areas of empirical banking, asset pricing and financial stability; however, excellent candidates working in other areas of economics are also encouraged to apply
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an international team
- Solid proficiency of the English language; working knowledge of German would be an advantage
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].
For more information, visit our website at http://www.bundesbank.de/Navigation/EN/Bundesbank/Career/career.html.
Please email all supporting documents (cover letter, CV, references, one academic paper and at least two letters of recommendation) by July 30, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the reference number 2017_0473_02_econometricsociety.